Friday, April 6, 2012

Cover Me Up



I did it! I built a roof for the club house. When my hubby mentioned that he wanted to just cover the roof with a new tarp, I decided that I would at the very least attempt to build a roof. I must say that I am oh, so proud of my green roof.

Before the roof went up, I had to finish staining all the unfinished wood. It was painful trying to get into every nook and cranny. I am so impatient and I love building that I tend to put things together quicker than I should.





So instead of worrying about green stain dripping everywhere, I decided to be patient and stain the roof before I put it together.

Cutting, sanding, and staining took what seemed like forever. Originally, I wanted a blue roof, but I was unsuccessful at finding the right shade so green it was and I love how it turned out.



Here's what it looks like thus far.



And just in case you are wondering what it looked like before, here's a walk down memory lane.







If you are wondering what's next, it will be a sliding door for the back.



Since it faces the south, it gets quite hot so having that blocked off in the middle of the afternoon is essential. I think I might have the logistics for the sliding door worked out (well, it works out in my head). We'll have to see if I can turn what I imagine into reality.

Sorry for the lack of progress. Life has been hectic. I've been working crazy long hours lately. I can't wait until things get back to normal. This week made me wonder how in the world I ever worked full-time with 4 kids for so long. I can't wait to go back to my regular schedule so that I can tackle some much needed projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails