Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Staining Workout

Do you ever wake up in the morning with a project in your head and have to execute it right away? Well, that is what happened to me this morning. I'm home with the kids this week for Spring Break. When I woke up this morning, I decided that I wanted to stain the fence. I know what you are thinking, what?? But low and behold, at six in the morning, I was ready to hop in my car to Lowe's.

I did the calculations last year and it doesn't save me all that much money if I hire someone to do it. However, if I do hire someone to re-stain my fence and use their stain, it will have to be redone in 3 years. That's what I have noticed around the neighborhood. The areas that were sprayed by my hubby still looked pretty good after 4 years. The front fence where I hand stained is still looking great, coming on to the fifth year now so I believe that hand staining and using a great quality stain really does make a difference.

My whole ulterior motive was to also get a nice workout while re-staining the fence by hand. It's been a nice, cool, and breezy week so when better than now.

Four more months and it will be five years since we last stained our fence. Here's what it looked like this morning when I woke up.



I decided upon this stain, but in oak brown color.

After an hour of staining, this is where I'm at. The left side hasn't been re-stained yet. When it dries, it will be a little bit lighter. I stopped staining because I thought I felt rain drops.



After I cleaned everything and put away my paint brush, the sun decided to come out and shine. Oh well. I will continue to stain tomorrow. Until then, let me unzoom my lens to show you where I am at. My fence is incomplete.



Long long way to go. Should I get tired of it, I'll whip out my spray gun, but until then, I'm liking the way it turned out so I'll keep chugging along. Until then, wish me luck. I'll keep you posted, but may be a while before I finish it all up, unless I can solicit some help ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails