Monday, August 8, 2011

Museum of Nature of Science

When I was in high school, I volunteered at the Children's Museum on weekends. I loved it. It had a little town for kids which included a grocery store, a bank, hospital, airplane, and so much more. I decided to check out the Children's Museum here in town. It just so happens to be located in the Museum of Nature and Science so we were able to check both of them out.



Here the kids and Dad are in a human kaleidoscope.



The kids watched in amazement as the hot air rose the balloon.



A. had the best time in the Children's museum.



"I see Mc Donald's," E. says as he views the city through the periscope.



R. just posing for the camera.



Time to collect some eggs from the chickens...



...and harvest some crops.





Some pretend play. Although this museum didn't have all the things that the Children's museum back home had, they kids still had a blast.



E. appears to be floating in the anti-gravity mirror.



I thought this was so cool. My hubby and R. are on one side of the screen, but A. is on the other side. By altering the lights on both sides, you can view both sides at the same time. Doesn't it look like A. is sitting on my hubby's lap?



The kids had blast when they saw an entire room of legos. Here is a model of the American Airlines Center. My hubby would say that they are not accurate in the placement of the screens. Although, the kids didn't seem to mind.


It was 108 degrees that day so I took quick snap shots before we sprinted to the car, splashing through the museums sprinklers on our way out :)



Summer is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails