Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cleaning out the Closet

I finally got up and started cleaning A.'s closet so he could have it back. I couldn't believe some things I found.



Yes, it is pretty sad. I probably only kept 5% of the clothes in there. Everything was too small and needed to be donated. I also had boxes of new baby clothes that could be given away.



It was so messy, you couldn't walk into the walk-in closet. We had a lot of everything in it.



After removing all the baby clothes, I was able to declutter A.'s room a little by storing some of his toys in the closet.




Yes, know, I still have dozens of frames and two storage bins of baby gifts.



I hope to build a book shelf in the back of the closet..something like this:



Since the closet is very deep, I plan on hanging a curtain in front of it so that the kids have a play area in the back.



I have requests for a hidden "cave" already. The closet is located under the stairs so there is so much room. Couldn't you see a bookshelf with books, a flashlight, a little rug on the floor with pillows and twinkly lights on the ceiling? Wouldn't that be fun? That will be a project for another day. I'm just happy that the closet is finally clean. ..now I just have to clean the hallway where all the items ended up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails