Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Family Calendars

Ong and Ba (aka Grandpa and Grandma in Vietnamese) are probably the hardest people to shop for during Christmas. Last year, I decided to make all my close family members calendars. All I heard from them was that it was the best gift that I could have ever given. They got to see the most important people to them, my kiddos, every day of the year. I've made numerous photobooks as gifts before, but the calendar, I am told has been the all time favorite to receive.

I was so excited to receive my calendars in the mail a couple of weeks ago.



Last year, I bought the calendars from Costco for a mere $9.99 with $5.00 shipping for each calendar. This year, I would have done the same, but I had a lot of discounts with Shutterfly bringing down the cost to only $6.80 a calendar with free shipping. That is a great price, considering their price for calendars starts at $21.99. That's more than twice that of Costco for the same quality. Although Shutterfly gives you more photo layout options, personally I like the Costco background colors more. All in all, if given the choice, I would probably buy the cheaper calendar since both companies both make pretty good calendars. What kinds of personalized gifts do you like to give out during Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails