Thursday, November 4, 2010

Some fall for inside

So fall decor has never enter my home before until this year. I felt inspired to do a little decorating.



The mantle needed a new do. I had a frame that I loved and a mirror that I could do without so I decided to swap the two and make a new mirror with a different frame for my mantle.



I started with this gold frame.



I cut out the brown paper in the back and removed the mirror. I reframed it into my wooden frame and came up with this.



I wish I took a closer picture of the mirror.



I love the feathered wreath. My hubby, not so much, but I don't care. I found it at Jo-Ann's for only $12.00. It was 39.99 originally. I found the amber candle sticks at Hobby Lobby for 66% off for only $7.48 each.



I bought the garland for only $5.00 at Hobby Lobby and the pumpkin and gourds at Jo-Ann's for $8.00.



The rest of the items were found around the house to complete my mantle makeover.



I was also able to finally finish re-upholstering my kids side chairs. It just so happens to be fall colors. I bought these cute chairs at Target, but they were pink. I loved them so much that I had to have them. However, I don't have any girls in my household so they needed to be redone. I decided to re-upholster one in a chocolate and the other in a burnt orange.



I am definitely digging the fall season this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails