Monday, October 18, 2010

Looks or comfort?

What do you do after saving a bunch of money on diapers and doing nothing but studying hour after hour? You take a break and go Shoe shopping! I needed to replace some booties (short boots?). Last week, the heel of my boots came off. I've had those shoes since my freshman year in college so they have definitely lasted quite awhile. I tried to super glue the heel on, but alas we ran out. It must be fate telling me to replace them. I figured it was time for a new pair anyway. After 15 years, I was long over due.

I did buy another pair of boots, nearly identical to the one I have. I know, not venturing too far, right? I can't help it if I know what I like. I settled on the nine west half pint bootie. I got one in black and one in brown.


I know, nothing special. It's simple, looks good with jeans and slacks and is comfortable. Practical and functional is what I tend to lean towards.

Before I rushed out of the store, I noticed these beauties. Adrienne Vittadini Marcel Pumps.


I absolutely fell in love. The heel of my feet is so flat that I can never wear any pumps without straps. My feet will just fall out so to my astonishment, these shoes actually stayed on my feet as I walked around the store, making me love them even more. The one issue I have is that they so hurt my feet. Do you buy shoes that hurt your feet simply because they look fabulous or do you stick with shoes that are more comfortable?

I love them so much I decided to get them. They will be for my sister's wedding. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. Gotta look fabulous that day. Shh...don't tell, but I plan on packing some flats in my bag just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails